Dogs and cats of all shapes, sizes, breeds, ages and personalities are available for adoption today right here in Knoxville and Oak Ridge. Save a life!
Young Williams Animal Center
3201 Division Street
Knoxville, TN 37919,
Humane Society of the Tennessee Valley
6720 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37919
Oak Ridge Animal Shelter
395 Belgrade Road,
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Providing a donation doesn’t always mean writing a check, although local shelters can always use financial support. Many of the items on the shelters’ wish lists you may have lying around your home. Most needed donations are:
- Peanut Butter
- Dry Dog and Cat Food
- Stuffed Animals
- Cat Toys
- Puppy Toys and Chews
- Clay Cat Litter
- Cardboard Trays
- Towels, Sheets, and Blanket
- Greenies Pill Pockets
- Canned Puppy and Kitten Food
VOLUNTEER or FOSTER
Do you have some spare time in your schedule that you can put to good use? Many local shelters and rescue agencies are looking for volunteer or fostering help. There are many different ways you can get involved. Can you: Take dogs on walks? Foster animals short or long term? Work on obedience skills? Clean kennels? Bathe pooches? Socialize and play with kitties and puppies? Answer phones or work on administrative duties? Assist with fund-raisers and events? Counsel potential adopters? Help update websites? The opportunities are endless!
For more information on volunteering or fostering at:
- Young Williams Animal Center – http://www.knoxpets.org/volunteer.asp
- Humane Society of the TN Valley – http://www.humanesocietytennessee.com/volunteer.html
Have you heard that Knoxville is working to become the “Pet Friendliest Community”? That means that pooches and their parents have more ways then ever to spend time together at pet friendly places that are popping up all over the city. Want to go out to dinner with your furry friend? Then check out the latest list of restaurants with dog-friendly patios. How about a nice romp in the park after dinner? Try out one of Knoxville’s beautiful dog parks.
Pet Friendliest Community Website – http://www.petfriendliestcommunity.com
Knoxville Dog Friendly Restaurants – http://www.ci.knoxville.tn.us/dogspatios/default.asp
Knoxville Dog Parks
- PetSafe Downtown Dog Park, corner of Summit Hill Dr. and Central Ave.
- PetSafe Village Dog Park, 10424 Electric Ave
- PetSafe Dog Park at Tommy Schumpert Park, 2065 Rifle Range Dr
- Dogwood Dog Park at Victor Ashe Park, 4901 Bradshaw Road
- PetSafe Concord Dog Park (coming 2010)
- PetSafe Plumb Creek Dog Park (coming 2011)
Interested in our Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Services?
Check out our Testimonials to find out what our clients think of Waggy Tails.