Waggy Tails is always looking for reliable and professional animal lovers to join our team! It’s an active, outdoors, fast paced job that can be a lot of fun. The right candidate will have the following qualities:
* Prior experience with pets of different sizes, temperaments, and breeds preferred
* Have a smart phone with access to the internet, texting, and phone calls throughout the day and evening
* Trustworthy, reliable, energetic, and able to think under pressure
* Able to provide lots of love and affection
* 21 years or older, legal to work in the United States, and submit to a background check
Benefits to Working for Waggy Tails:
* Established company, in business since 2009, having served over 500 clients
* Employee Position: covered under protection of bonding, business insurance, and workman’s compensation
* Non-cubical job with a company that respects and values it’s staff
* A rewarding job working with animals and making a difference in their lives
Daily Pet Sitter/Dog Walker Position:
– Dog Walker: must be available Monday through Friday 10am – 4pm with occasional evenings and weekends
– Pet Sitter: daily visits that can range from 1-3 times per day, starting with morning visits between 7-9:30am and ending with evening visits between 8-10pm.
– Overnight Sitter: stays overnight in the client’s home, arriving no later then 9:30pm and spending at least 10 hours overnight, taking care of the breakfast routine before leaving.
– The preferred candidate has availability to take on both Dog Walker and Pet Sitter assignments, along with Overnights if possible.
– Have a flexible schedule. Schedules can change daily, and pet sitters must be able to manage their own constantly changing schedules.
– Be able to work the majority of major holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas.
– Be dependable. We’re not looking for someone who takes regular sick days. Our clients rely on dependability.
– Be physically able to handle the requirements of the position. This could include walking large dogs, cleaning up diarrhea, dealing with muddy yards, ect. Be willing to work in all weather conditions – rain, snow, and temperature extremes.
– Live in Knoxville, Knox County, or Oak Ridge (or the area specifically with a current job opening) and have daily access to reliable transportation of your own.
– Not be looking for a “job to pay the bills.” Work is based on client need and therefore intermittent and not guaranteed. However as you stay with us you will gain daily clients and have a more consistent schedule of visits.
– Be able to commit to a long term commitment. We are looking for a minimum of a 18 month commitment, and prefer applicants that will be available indefinitely.
Apply now through our Initial Online Application. Only serious applicants please.