We are always looking for energetic, professional, and trustworthy animal lovers to join our pet sitting network. The ideal pet sitter to join with us is the type of person who stops random dogs while walking in the park to say hello. Or could spend hours happily cuddling and playing with kitties. Our reputation is on the line, so we are looking for the best of the best to work with us! Read on to see if you think you have what it takes pet sit and dog walk with Waggy Tails.
* Have a flexible schedule. Schedules can change daily, and candidates must be able to manage their own constantly changing schedules.
* Be able to think quickly under pressure and modify your actions as needed.
* Currently or recently have been a pet parent. It is the best experience around! Sorry, growing up with pets doesn’t count.
* 21 year or older and can pass a criminal background check.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills when interacting with clients.
* Be able to work the majority of major holidays (Generous holiday compensation).
* Be dependable. We’re not looking for someone who takes regular sick days.
* Be physically able to handle the requirements of the position. This could include walking large dogs, cleaning up diarrhea, dealing with muddy yards, ect.
* Be willing to work in all weather conditions – rain, snow, and temperature extremes.
* Have reliable transportation of your own.
* Live in Knoxville, Knox County, or Oak Ridge.
* Have access to the Internet & a cell phone throughout the day and evening. All visits must be “checked off” on our online software when completed for quality control purposes.
* Not be looking for a job to “pay the bills.” Work is based on client need and therefore intermittent and not guaranteed. However as you stay with us you will gain daily clients and have a more consistent schedule of visits.
* Be available for morning (6-10am) and evening visits (5-10pm), and/or mid-day visits (11am-3pm). Our ideal candidate would be available for all of the visit time periods.
* Be able to commit to a long term commitment. Our clients rely on your dependability and stability. We are looking for a minimum of a 18 month commitment, and would rather have candidates that will be available indefinitely.
* Be able to “go with the flow” and be committed to being a pet care professional. This jobs takes time, including on weekends, and there is a lot of running around to meetings, key swaps, ect. Professionalism and flexibility is crucial.
Please send your resume and answers to the questions below to the email listed. Serious inquiries only – let your writing skills shine! If you have a picture of you and your pet(s) we’d love to see it! If you do not meet our “You MUST” criteria or do not send a resume, we will not respond to your email.
Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Why do you want to join a pet sitting and dog walking team?
* What is your personal pet experience and why do you love your pet(s) so much?
* What is your experience caring for OTHER people’s pets?
* What are your hobbies or other interests?
* What jobs skills do you possess, other than pet experience, that you believe would be important for a position such as this?
* Describe your availability throughout the day, including weekends. Also comment as to your availability on holidays (be specific).
* Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Will you be able to commit to a minimum of 18 months with our team?
* What challenges do you see yourself facing if you join our team and how would you overcome them?